How To Create An Amazon Seller Account? A Complete Guide
As Amazon expands, so are the prospects to start an e-commerce business by selling on the platform. Consumers began their buying searches on Amazon in 2022, citing low product prices, free or low-cost shipping, and convenience as reasons for shopping online rather than in-store. More than half of customers shop on Amazon at least once a week, and 67 percent of customers purchase on Amazon for holiday gifts at the end of the year.
These patterns suggest that ecommerce entrepreneurs will have a lot of opportunities in 2022 and 2023. However, if you want to take advantage of Amazon Seller account massive opportunity, you must first complete the Amazon seller registration process. We’ll lead you through the new process to ensure that your account is validated (and that you have an opportunity to establish a successful Amazon business). After you’ve decided what you want to sell on Amazon, you’ll need to complete the Amazon seller registration process, which is rather straightforward.
1. Go to https://services.amazon.com and fill out the form.
2. Select “Learn more” from the drop-down menu.
Then select “Compare selling plans” from the “Pricing” page. Select between a personal and a professional seller account.
3. You have two alternatives when it comes to Amazon’s seller plans: professional and individual.
If you plan on selling more than 40 things per month, becoming a ‘professional’ is the best option. Select the individual plan if you want to sell on a lesser scale (i.e. fewer than 40 items per month). However, if you choose the individual plan, your products will not be eligible for the Buy Box, and you will not be able to advertise your products on Amazon.
4. Select ‘Create a New Account’ and enter your email address.
After you’ve selected the best selling plan for you, you’ll be prompted to provide your email address and a password (of your choosing) for your seller account. Click the ‘Next’ button when you’re finished. This will take you to a second screen where you will be asked to confirm the notification that was sent to the email address you supplied on the previous screen. This is Amazon’s way of confirming the email address you provided.
Keep an eye out for an email from Amazon, and make sure to click the link to authorize the notification. After you’ve approved it, you’ll be brought to this screen:
5. Select your ‘Business type’ and ‘Business location.’
The following information must be shared as the next step in the Amazon seller registration process:
- Your company’s address is: This is the country where your company is based. It’s critical that this is correct, as Amazon will double-check it (see step 10).
- Your company’s type: You’ll be able to select your business entity from the following possibilities (the majority of which fall under the category of ‘Privately-owned’):
- State-owned enterprise
- A company that is owned by the government
- a privately held company
- I am a one-of-a-kind individual.
Choose “None, I am an individual” if you haven’t yet started a company. If you select this option, Amazon will prompt you for your full name in the next step.
3. Your complete name is: Make sure your first, middle, and last names are all spelled correctly. Then press the ‘Agree and proceed’ button.